AmigaActive (1716/2143)

From:Tony
Date:26 May 2000 at 18:35:11
Subject:Re: Netconnect 3

Hi Neil/Biffy

> >> No, it's OS 3.5. There's a lot more to OS 3.5 than an updated
> >> Workbench.
>
> > But the OS thats in the Roms in 3.1. Workbench admitedly updates
> > this even more via setpatch, but I thought it was still classifed as
> > OS3.1 not OS3.5 just because of a workbench workaround.
>
> It's Kickstart that's in the ROMs. Kickstart is basically the kernel
> plus some resident drivers, libraries and commands, some of which are
> patched or replaced by new ones in 3.5.
>
> Workbench is merely the GUI. What about datatypes, print drivers,
> libraries, and the filesystem? Many people don't even use Workbench, but
> they still use those elements of the OS.

Not wanting to get out of my depth here with all the technical aspects
:) But....
Amiga released the product as OS3.5! It's printed on the box and
everythink :) That's its name, period :) To debate it is futile (cue
the Borg) :) It's like debating the new Amiga, it may be PC hardware
and a new OS. But it is an Amiga.

Because you may think differently counts for nothing :) Ultimately,
facts are facts :)

Regards
Tony-So the world may know :)

Amiga power tower os 3.5 030 32meg fast
3.5 g hd 24 cdrom Epson 740 Turboprint 7
surf via Voyager3 Netconnect3

CLICK HERE***SPECIAL OFFER***$60 in FREE calls
***SPECIAL OFFER***CLICK HERE